The following outlines the process and costs for creating a PLLC in New York:
- File Articles of Organization with the NY Department of State. Filing fee $235
- Obtain required consent from the New York Department of Education. Filing Fee $110.
- NOTE: The name must include the profession, name and or/location. Anything outside those rules has a huge chance of getting rejected and will need a letter explaining why they wish to use that term, what it means, and how it applies to their company.
- We take care of filing the required certified copies with NY Dept of Education after completion.
- New York Publication requirement (see explanation below) $400
- Legal fee of $180. The process takes on average 60 days.
TOTAL FEE: $925
New York’s LLC Publication Requirement:
In New York there is also a publication requirement. Section 206 of the New York State Limited Liability Company Law requires that within 120 days of its formation, a notice in two general-circulation newspapers (one daily, one weekly) in the county where the LLC was formed. The notice must run once a week for six weeks and include a number of facts concerning the company and its formation.
The newspapers must be designated by the county clerk of the county in which the office of the LLC is located, as stated in the articles of organization. After publication, the printer or publisher of each newspaper will provide you with an affidavit of publication.
A Certificate of Publication, with the affidavits of publication of the newspapers attached, must be submitted to the New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231.
The firm’s NYS Publication Fee is $400 (in Westchester). This includes the $50 filing fee for the Certificate of Publication.